Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Hello from Haiti

Dear friends,

I arrived safely in Haiti after a delayed travel. Since it was already late, the only thing I could still do is to attend to my father, whom I found depressed and with diarrhea for the past five days. But when the well-indicated homeopathic remedy failed to shift my father's life force, I thought he should probably rather treat him for shock. I gave him rescue drops and FES post trauma stabilizer. This pepped him up, and when we both were awake around 4 am from our shallow sleep in the make shift tent, my father poured out the whole story of the trauma of the earthquake for over an hour. He told me how when my brother and his family fled from Haiti after the earthquake leaving him behind, he gave up on his life, resigning to death and misery. I gave him more of the flower essences, and by breakfast time, he started to crack jokes, bossing everyone around, and behaving like his old self. I also gave him homeopathic Arnica for his back injury, and he felt much better in his body. By the evening, he said all of his life force was back, and the cramps in his muscles that he had had since the quake were gone.

On the first day, I treated the housekeepers and everyone else who was around. I found that no matter what the symptom (headaches, heart palpitations), this would get better if I just treated them for shock: giving them rescue remedy and post trauma stabilizer. We then went to the neighborhood were I was as a child. When we arrived at the house, the four children greeted us with downcast eyes, being very somber and not like children. Especially one of the girls we found out had seen her older sister die when the debris crushed her, and witnessed her other sister have her legs broken. I treated them in the same way – rescue in the mouth, and mist with post trauma stabilizer – and by the time we had had lunch, they were running around in the garden shrieking and playing again like children should do. I also give out some of the essential oils for coughs and colds, but have not yet had a chance to get organized with oil bottles to had out.

I heard that there is a school nearby, and one of the problems is that the children don't play any more. I want to go there within the next day to treat the children for shock.

So far, the mud is not too bad where my father lives, and it is OK to be in the tent. Just I think I will run out of flower essences within a few days.

Once I can find a computer, I will send photos.

Please pray – I will meet some high general in a few days who can bypass all the Haitian administration to renew my father's passport, so he can be allowed to leave with me.

Please do not email me in response to this. I cannot process emails until after I am back. Thank you for your understanding!

More soon!

Love from Jinpa

No comments:

Post a Comment